Knoxville Burn Injury Attorneys Diligently Representing Victims
Time is of the essence after suffering a severe burn, amputation or disfigurement
Burn injuries are among the most traumatic types of injuries a person can suffer. Not only is there the physical pain of the burn, but there is the emotional turmoil that scarring and disfigurement can bring. At Knoxville’s Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law, we help people through the difficulties of these injuries by pursuing compensation for medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. We have more than 25 years of experience practicing personal injury law in this community, so you can depend on our local and compassionate team of attorneys.
The various causes of burn injuries
The severity of a burn depends on its cause and type. Some of the most common burn types our injury attorneys deal with include:
- Electrical burns. Electricians and others who work with exposed wires are the most common victims of these burns. However, if premises have exposed wires and a guest gets burned or otherwise injured, the property owner may be held liable.
- Chemical burns. These result from exposure to strong, corrosive substances, including various types of acids or bases, solvents, and reducing agents.
- Radiation burns. The most common of these burns is sunburn, which is caused by ultraviolet radiation. Sunburns may vary from minor first-degree burns to severe third-degree burns that affect multiple layers of skin and tissue.
- Scalds. This is a type of burn that results from exposure to hot fluids or steam. Individuals who work in kitchens are likely to suffer these types of burns.
- Third-degree burns. These are burns that extend to all layers of the skin. They may be electrical, chemical or radiological, and the result is often permanent disfigurement.
While a great number of burn injuries occur in the workplace, these injuries can happen in a variety of situations. And in many cases, the irresponsible actions or negligence of another person or organization are to blame.
How an attorney can help after an injury causing amputation or disfigurement
In some injury cases, particularly after a motorcycle or car accident or when surgeons make mistakes when operating, there’s the additional issue of amputation or loss of limb to consider. People who suffer this disfigurement not only have to learn to live without a limb, but they must overcome significant emotional trauma – similar to burn victims. For obvious reasons, these injuries often upend people’s lives, leaving them unable to work or enjoy the activities they once loved.
Speak with a skilled personal injury attorney serving Sevierville, Tennessee right away
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, lost a limb or experienced disfigurement due to an accident, speak with the compassionate lawyers at Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law. We offer free initial consultations, and our office is conveniently located just off I-40 and I-75 in Knoxville. Give us a call at 865-951-7268 or contact us online. Remember, you pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover damages for you.