Suffering an injury or illness at work can create quite a stressful situation for you and your family. You could find yourself out of work for an extended period due to your injury or illness. If this is the case you should file for Social Security Disability (SSD) in order to continue to pay the bills. Here is the information you will need in order to file a claim in Knoxville.
A disability claim takes anywhere from three to five months to process compared to other types of claims filed with the Social Security Administration (SSA). Because of this, you should ensure you have all of the required information and documentation to file when ready so as not to waste precious time. The information required includes the following:
- Proof of age and your Social Security number
- The names, addresses, phone numbers and dates of visits to doctors, hospitals, clinics, caseworkers and other specialists
- Names and dosage information for all medications prescribed to you
- Medical records from doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, clinics and other specialists
- Test and lab results
- Summary of where you have worked and the type of work you performed
- If you are self-employed, a copy of your federal tax return. If you are not self-employed, your most recent W-2
- Proof of age and Social Security numbers of any family members who might be eligible for benefits
- Proof of marriage if your spouse is applying for benefits
Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from a work-related illness? If either of these issues are affecting your work, be sure to file a Social Security Disability claim with the help of an experienced disability attorney in Tennessee.